Instructor: Mrs. Skinner
This course will allow students to gain a better understanding of 2-D and 3-D geometric figures. This form of math is very abstract and it deals with the areas and positions of points, lines, and planes. Various methods, formulas, and properties will be used to analyze figures and make observations.
This course will be a more in depth study of Calculus and Trigonometry. Students will work with relations and functions, graphs, identities, inverse functions, and complex numbers. This will prepare students for college mathematical courses.
Prerequisite: Algebra II
- Pencil (Only work done in pencil will be accepted)
- Calculator (Scientific or graphing preferred)
- Homework will be assigned daily with the following expectations:
- Must be done in pencil
Assignment will be due the following day at beginning of class period. If not in at beginning of class period it will be considered late.
- One Day late:25% automatically deducted
- Two Days late:50% automatically deducted
- No credit for assignment will be given after two days.
- (If no credit is received for two or more assignments due to it being late then parent will be notified and a conference may be called.)
- Make up all work missed due to absences
- Students have 1 school day for each day absent to turn in missed assignments. It is the student’s responsibility to get missed assignments and complete in a timely manner.
Exams will be given at the end of each chapter unless otherwise stated by the instructor. Also, random pop quizzes will be given to test knowledge and understanding.
Grading for this course will be on a total-point basis. Points will be issued for classroom participation, homework, quizzes, and exams.
There will also be + or – assigned to the above grading scale.
- Show respect for others and their property
- Show respect for school property
- Come to class prepared
- Absolutely no music or electronic devices allowed in classroom
- Remain seated in assigned seat for entire class period
- Must abide by all student handbook rules
- No Food or Drink (Except water in a clear bottle)
There will be zero tolerance for classroom misbehavior and disruption.
Failure to follow these rules will result in consequences explained in the parent/student handbook